Colusa Medical Center Approaches Nutrition Hands On:
Eating right and learning about good nutrition is important, whether you have a specific medical condition or just want to live a healthier lifestyle.
At Colusa Medical Center we individualize nutritional care for each patient. Registered Dietitians are health professionals who have a bachelor of Science in Dietetics, complete more than 900 hours of internship, hands on training, and are credentialed by the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and The Commission of Dietetic Registration.
A Registered Dietitian will develop a personalized nutrition plan of care for you. A thorough nutritional assessment is completed with review of all medical history, medications, and lab results. The Registered Dietitian works closely with your physician and other members of your healthcare team and communicates progress, recommendations, and concerns.
Colusa Medical Center dietitians have a broad based knowledge and offer nutrition education for a variety of medical diagnosis such as:
● Cardiovascular disorders including congestive heart disease, coronary artery disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and high triglycerides.
● Cancer, chemotherapy and radiation related complications
● Gastrointestinal disorders including gastrointestinal reflux, irritable bowel syndrome, diverticulitis, ulcerative colitis, Chrons disease and Celiac disease.
● Kidney disease-chronic and acute kidney disease, and including patients on dialysis.
● Wound healing
● Weight related concerns and complications
Colusa Medical Center offers a hands-on approach to nutrition therapy and strives to provide an individualized plan of care that fosters ongoing support for attaining the best possible health outcomes.
Our wonderful dietary department provides nourishing meals for our patients, from menus created by Registered Dietitians. We aim to meet your personal dietary preferences and needs. We welcome any comments or concerns you may have.
Please contact us at 530-619-0800 extension 3745.